Hey folks - as a member of the Florida Gators SEC Country community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Gators fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

JUCO safety Deontai Williams commits to Florida Gators

ZachAbolverdiZachAbolverdi Posts: 211 Junior
edited June 12 in Recruiting
STORY: http://sec.news/2skTp9U

Well, this morning was a blast from the past. I covered Deontai Williams' announcement ceremony in January 2014 when he committed to Florida as a high school recruit. 

After some academic hurdles, an ACL tear and the JUCO route, Williams is back with the Gators to help fill one of their biggest needs in the Class of 2018. The staff loves him. 

Comments

• gatorsteetsgatorsteets Posts: 5 Freshman
    thoughts on this one, zach? and is russell still a take now?
  • gator85gator85 Posts: 7 Freshman
    I see he had some big time offerers. Was he highly recruited coming out of highschool too
  • lewisgatorslewisgators Posts: 40 Freshman
    Questionable take right now. Doesn't make sense with all the other safeties on the board. 
  • bobnbobn Posts: 7 Freshman
    Maybe he would be a good connection for this staff at Jville Trinity. Never know.
  • ZachAbolverdiZachAbolverdi Posts: 211 Junior
    thoughts on this one, zach? and is russell still a take now?
    It's out of left field but Alabama, Georgia and LSU are also after him. Russell is still a take. Florida needs safeties. 
    Questionable take right now. Doesn't make sense with all the other safeties on the board. 
    It makes sense if they're willing to take four safeties and Russell is the only other recruit they expect to get. 
  • jeffbarlisjeffbarlis Posts: 10 Freshman
    From a numbers standpoint it also makes sense if you are taking 4 safeties for one of them to be a juco guy. That way you stagger your scholarships again so you're not right back in this very same position in a few years. 
    edited June 12
    From a numbers standpoint it also makes sense if you are taking 4 safeties for one of them to be a juco guy. That way you stagger your scholarships again so you're not right back in this very same position in a few years. 
    Great point. You only see coaches sign a group of four prep recruits at positions that put three or more players on the field every play. 
  • InMacWeTrustInMacWeTrust Posts: 6 Freshman
    I watched Deontai Williams HUDL. He is not afraid to throw his body around from the highlights. That's the kind of safety i want in my secondary. 
    I watched Deontai Williams HUDL. He is not afraid to throw his body around from the highlights. That's the kind of safety i want in my secondary. 
    Yeah he is a violent player. His senior film was impressive.