Hey folks - as a member of the Florida Gators SEC Country community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Gators fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

2018 Mock Class 1.0

sam960608sam960608 Posts: 32 Freshman
Quarterback (1):
5-star Justin Fields 
Running Back (2):
4-star Iverson Clement
4-star Dameon Pierce
Wide Reciever (4):
4-star Jacob Copeland 
4-star Anthony Schwartz
3-star Corey Gammage
3-star Jalynn Williams
Tight End (1):
4-star Kyle Pitts
Offensive Line (4):
4-star OT William Barnes
4-star OT Richard Gouraige
4-star OG Curtis Dunlap
3-star OG Ed Montilus
Defensive Line (3):
4-star SDE/DT Malcolm Lamar
4-star DT Dante Stills
3-star SDE Taylor Upshaw
Defensive Back (5):
4-star SS/LB Amari Burney
4-star SS/FS C.J. Smith
4-star SS/LB Kwantel Raines
3-star CB Divaad Wilson
3-star FS/SS/CB/NB Deontai Williams

This potential class would stand at 20 commitments. Throw in a kicker who could eventually replace Eddy and the class will most likely stand somewhere between 21 and 24 depending on transfers and other factors. All in all, I think this class would definitely be an elite one. If Fields does decide to go to FSU or Auburn, I think the Gators make the most sense for 5-star QB Matt Corral, who is also considering Bama and Georgia. Georgia does not make logical sense for a pocket passer considering the depth (Eason, Fromm). Alabama does not appear to be an ideal fit for Corral either. Not only will he be behind sophomore Jalen Hurts and freshman Tua Tagovailoa, but Corral is also known for his strong personality and fiery attitude which may turn Saban off. If McElwain can land either of these two quarterbacks, I think this class can be the foundation for future success. Don't get me wrong here. I think Fields is special, and I'm not sure Corral is that, but Corral has immense arm talent and accuracy which Mac should be able to mold into an above average SEC starter. If neither one of these QB's end up in orange and blue, I think McElwain's inability to attract passing talent needs to be seriously questioned. Let me know what you guys think below.

Comments

• lewisgatorslewisgators Posts: 40 Freshman
    Look for Dante Lang in the class as a second TE instead of Goss and we're most likely taking Judge Culpepper too. 
  • Swamp_ThingSwamp_Thing Posts: 35 Freshman
    Look for Dante Lang in the class as a second TE instead of Goss and we're most likely taking Judge Culpepper too. 
    Agreed.  Also think we will try and add another CB as well as a WDE and at least one LB (Pope).
  • sam960608sam960608 Posts: 32 Freshman
    Linebacker is a weird position this year @Swamp_Thing . I think either Burney or Raines (or both) could grow into good WLB's similar to Kylan Johnson. I think Pope is all Ohio State.
  • SylvesterSylvester Posts: 47 Freshman
    I think your list is pretty much on target as of now. However, I'm afraid the list will be drastically different by December or January probably in the order of 50% new names. Not saying it will get better or worse but different. There's a lot of chess to be played yet. It's fun to get excited about the potential though.
    sam960608 said:
    Linebacker is a weird position this year @Swamp_Thing . I think either Burney or Raines (or both) could grow into good WLB's similar to Kylan Johnson. I think Pope is all Ohio State.
    I agree, but with Pope in my opinion is coming off a visit high and that's what most are going off of.  He is planning on visiting UF again and I would expect him at FNL.  Let's see where things stand after that.
  • MastaGatorMastaGator Posts: 14 Freshman
    We get Fields and I would expect  a few high profile players to pop up on the radar. 
  • tafaritafari Posts: 2 Freshman
    I don't think Dunlap is a take. He would've committed already. 
  • G8rBG8rB Posts: 26 Freshman
    Anderson-Butts at WR should be in the class...
    G8rB said:
    Not as good as other WRs on our board and has visited PSU multiple times in the last few months. Including camping just a week ago.
  • Estradasized11Estradasized11 Posts: 2 Freshman
    Wb Jordan Miner?
    G8rB said:
    Not as good as other WRs on our board and has visited PSU multiple times in the last few months. Including camping just a week ago.

doesn't matter. he's in if Fields is in.
  • MastaGatorMastaGator Posts: 14 Freshman
    G8rB said:
    G8rB said:

Would go a long way in getting micah Parsons interest as well.
  • gator_n_scgator_n_sc Posts: 5 Freshman
    tafari said:
    I don't think Dunlap is a take. He would've committed already. 
    not unless he can get his weight under control....  much like the situation with Jawaan Taylor.  let's see  if he can emulate  what Taylor did and turn his whole recruitment  around. 
    G8rB said:
    G8rB said:

Why?  They're not from the same school, they're not on the same 7 on 7 team, and they're not related.  So why do you believe that? He was quoted as he was going to visit in June and still hasn't.  
    G8rB said:
    G8rB said:

Why?  They're not from the same school, they're not on the same 7 on 7 team, and they're not related.  So why do you believe that? He was quoted as he was going to visit in June and still hasn't.  

Fields was committed to PSU for quite a while and is close to a lot of kids who visited PSU when he was there...some kids just click when they hang out. I know he didn't visit in June.