Hey folks - as a member of the Florida Gators SEC Country community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Gators fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

An optimistic take on uncommitted recruits that will sign with UF in the 2018 class

gradergator15gradergator15 Posts: 2 Freshman
Copeland, Shawartz, Fields, Pope, Barnes, Gouriage, Stills, Raines, Lamar, Pierce, Pitss, Miner, Culpepper. That's good for a 276 points in the 247 composite point rating which would have finished 8th in last years cycle. Comment about potential changes or additions to the mock class.

Comments

• TrueGatorTrueGator Posts: 45 Freshman
    The big one, obviously, is Fields but I'm definitely watching Lamar and Stills to see where they go. Also hoping we can keep Bama at bay when it comes to Copeland. Same thing for Barnes (UNC) and Pope (Miami). I would still say this is VERY realistic. At least I hope so 
  • fooker33fooker33 Posts: 3 Freshman
    1. Don't think we take that many WRs unless you are factoring in dropping a few guys.
    2. I think we can do better than Miner at CB but I don't know who it will be just yet
    3. I like the DL class but I think we need a pass rusher in this class
    4. We probably take one more OL (Montilius/Dunlap/other guard) 
    5. If Pope is Mark Pope, not K'Vaughan, then I think we need a LB in the class as well.
    6. My personal opinion is we circle back and get Tyreke late in the cycle.
    7. I think we find a way to take more than 21 commits. 

• gradergator15gradergator15 Posts: 2 Freshman
    fooker33 said:
    1. Don't think we take that many WRs unless you are factoring in dropping a few guys.
    2. I think we can do better than Miner at CB but I don't know who it will be just yet
    3. I like the DL class but I think we need a pass rusher in this class
    4. We probably take one more OL (Montilius/Dunlap/other guard) 
    5. If Pope is Mark Pope, not K'Vaughan, then I think we need a LB in the class as well.
    6. My personal opinion is we circle back and get Tyreke late in the cycle.
    7. I think we find a way to take more than 21 commits. 

Yeah I meant Mark Pope, I've heard from some other sources that the staff is iffy about Tyreke because of his personality. I know UF likes the taller/ bigger corners though. Personally, I see shawartz playing more of a Brandon James styled position than a true receiver, but that's just me. I'm a student at Ohio State now and the football program up here seems incredibly confident about K'vaughan Pope. I've heard David Reese '18 name being thrown around a lot but I'm not sure about that either. 
  • ojikemaatojikemaat Posts: 3 Freshman
    Today my optimistic additions would be Fields, Pierce, Copeland, Scwartz, Barnes, Gouraige, Montilus, Petit-Frare, Pitts, Culpepper, Stills, Lamar, Ojulari, Reese, Raines, Russell, and circle back to Tyreke