Hey folks - as a member of the Florida Gators SEC Country community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Gators fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

Recruiting Q&A: 6/19

ZachAbolverdiZachAbolverdi Posts: 225 Junior
Back home from IMG Academy after covering the NFA7v7 championship this past weekend. I'll answer questions for about an hour in this thread. Fire away!

Comments

• kbmagillkbmagill Posts: 14 Freshman
    Fields a Gator?  
  • ccnaborsccnabors Posts: 14 Freshman
    Heard that Barnes almost committed on a trip to UNC. Are we still good with him?
    edited June 2017
    kbmagill said:
    Fields a Gator?  
    I'm kidding. I know no one knows. Any other UF targets that impressed you?
    What have you heard about Matt Corral and his decommitment? Dont get why he or Fields wouldnt want in on this class. All we need is an elite qb! Dont you agree?
  • jamaree10jamaree10 Posts: 1 Freshman
    Does anyone know anything on Fields or is everyone just guessing at this point? And is this a FSU/Florida battle?
  • vanmeteevanmetee Posts: 2 Freshman
    Anyone not making it in this week from the 2017 recruiting class?
  • jmike131014jmike131014 Posts: 2 Freshman
    As of Today, who do you see being in the class? 
    ccnabors said:
    Heard that Barnes almost committed on a trip to UNC. Are we still good with him?
    I heard this too... McElwain better not miss this lay up. 
  • ZachAbolverdiZachAbolverdi Posts: 225 Junior
    kbmagill said:
    Fields a Gator?  
    His trip to Florida this week will be important in determining that after visiting three schools last week. Fields told me he honestly has no idea where he's going. He likely has a general idea, but could still be undecided at this point. I think it's an Auburn-Florida battle based on some intel I've heard and the dynamics of his recruitment.
    ccnabors said:
    Florida is in great shape but UNC is certainly the biggest threat. UNC was his first offer and his mom graduated from there.
  • vinnyg18vinnyg18 Posts: 1 Freshman
    Updates on Fields, Campbell, Tyreke? Haven't heard much on front seven on Defense in awhile. How many LBs DTs and DEs do we wanna take and who are top targets?
  • gatorsteetsgatorsteets Posts: 5 Freshman
    kbmagill said:
    ccnabors said:
    I heard this too... McElwain better not miss this lay up. 
    heard it from who?
    ccnabors said:
    What have you heard about Matt Corral and his decommitment? Dont get why he or Fields wouldnt want in on this class. All we need is an elite qb! Dont you agree?
    I just know Florida has been involved with Corral. A visit would need to happen for things to get serious. Right now the focus is and has been on Fields. 
    Read roday that we are hot and cold with Tyreke Johnson. Why? Do you feel if we push for his commitment he will commit?
  • sam960608sam960608 Posts: 32 Freshman
    If Kwantel Raines commits to UF soon, does that mean Randy Russell will not have a spot or will the staff force out Deontai Williams to make room for Russell? Safety is a confusing position this year.
  • ballhard420ballhard420 Posts: 1 Freshman
    Do you think florida will offer Matt corral? Also, is kwantel Raines a take? Kid looks good. How many safeties will we take total if Raines comes aboard
    jamaree10 said:
    Does anyone know anything on Fields or is everyone just guessing at this point? And is this a FSU/Florida battle?
    It's mostly a guessing game with him. Few outside of his camp know where things truly stand. There's so many moving parts in his recruitment. 
  • MastaGatorMastaGator Posts: 14 Freshman
    Is Fields for sure visiting UF this week or is it still up in the air? Is it true his mom may come with him on the visit?
    vanmetee said:
    Anyone not making it in this week from the 2017 recruiting class?
    Guys like Lemons, Robinson and Slaton won't officially be in until they clear admissions but they've done the work on their end. 
  • Shabba12Shabba12 Posts: 1 Freshman
    Whose the next big name to commit?
    As of Today, who do you see being in the class? 
    Too early to say but I expect Florida to land Copeland, Schwartz, Pitts, Gouraige, Barnes, Lamar and Russell. Some other spots are still TBD.
  • AllBoutGatorsAllBoutGators Posts: 8 Freshman
    How many current commits and targets are EEs? How many could we have?
  • TrueGatorTrueGator Posts: 45 Freshman
    edited June 2017
    Kwantel Raines and the safety position is where I'm intrigued this week. Taking four?
    vinnyg18 said:
    Updates on Fields, Campbell, Tyreke? Haven't heard much on front seven on Defense in awhile. How many LBs DTs and DEs do we wanna take and who are top targets?
    Fields update: http://sec.news/2rtPzr7

Spoke to Tyreke yesterday but he didn't want to discuss recruiting. Florida, Georgia and UCLA are the contenders for him. It appears Campbell is Miami bound. 

Florida will sign 4-5 front seven players. Top targets are DE Micah Parsons, DE Malcolm Lamar, DE Judge Culpepper, DT Rick Sandidge, DT Dante Stills, LB Channing Tindall and LB David Reese. 
  • rosetgrosetg Posts: 8 Freshman
    What are your thoughts on Tyreke Johnson's video and ability to cover?
    edited June 2017
    ccnabors said:
    Read roday that we are hot and cold with Tyreke Johnson. Why? Do you feel if we push for his commitment he will commit?
    If Florida wants him they'll have a chance to get him. But many scouts/analysts feel he's overrated and not a fit for CB. Not sure if he keeps his 5-star rating. 
  • MichaelMichael Posts: 1 Freshman
    UF 2016 vs. UF 2017 recruiting class.. Which one ends up ranked higher and/or having a great long term impact? 
  • trianglegatortrianglegator Posts: 4 Freshman
    Will Cam Newton's mentorship of Fields hurt UF?  Do you think the parting with Cam was more on Meyer or UF itself? 
    sam960608 said:
    If Kwantel Raines commits to UF soon, does that mean Randy Russell will not have a spot or will the staff force out Deontai Williams to make room for Russell? Safety is a confusing position this year.
    Staff isn't forcing anybody out. It's unlikely they take five safeties, but they also view Burney as an athlete and Williams as a versatile DB who can play multiple positions. Smith is their only true safety.
  • AllBoutGatorsAllBoutGators Posts: 8 Freshman
    sam960608 said:
    Staff isn't forcing anybody out. It's unlikely they take five safeties, but they also view Burney as an athlete and Williams as a versatile DB who can play multiple positions. Smith is their only true safety.
    Wouldn't all these DBs we're taking this class and last class cause more transferring out and eventually hurt more than help?