Hey folks - as a member of the Florida Gators SEC Country community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Gators fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

Fields Update: FSU offers another QB

sam960608sam960608 Posts: 32 Freshman
Florida State has just offered 3-star QB Will Levis out of Xavier High School in Connecticut. Does this mean FSU is unsure about their position with Justin Fields? Fields is still their number 1 target but he may not have had an effective visit. He is visiting Florida last of his top for schools (Auburn, UGA, and FSU) at the end of this week.

Comments

• lewisgatorslewisgators Posts: 40 Freshman
    edited June 16
    Jimbo giving up early I see >:)
  • DRJohnson22DRJohnson22 Posts: 12 Freshman
    Everything that I have heard and read said Fields' parents are not big on Jimbo or FSU. Zach has maintained that it appears to be a Florida and Auburn battle and I would tend to agree right now based on how this week has played out.
  • business_gatorbusiness_gator Posts: 4 Freshman
    Everything that I have heard and read said Fields' parents are not big on Jimbo or FSU. Zach has maintained that it appears to be a Florida and Auburn battle and I would tend to agree right now based on how this week has played out.
    He and his dad are very active in their faith...
    Time to call in Tebow!
  • McElwainsucksMcElwainsucks Posts: 12 Freshman
    There is a lot of nonsense going around. Fields is going to FSU. He's smart enough to actually look at the dumpster fire that McElwain has created in Gainesville-the worst offense in consecutive years in school history. Some folks are silly enough to say Fields didn't like Fisher 'negative recruiting' McElwain. That's about the silliest thing I've heard because, if you actually think about it, why would Fisher say a word about McElwain? McElwain's product speaks for itself, and he's not even competitive wuth FSU on the field. It's silly to think that Fisher needs to 'neghative reruit' in the first place, and is just a sign of how desperate some Gator fans are becoming because they fear the inevitable.
    Think about it. Would you choose to play for a guy that has one of the worst offenses in college football based on his B.S. that he going to improve when there is zero data to support it? It's as silly as some folks touting the "talent" on UF's offense when all they have shown is that they are the worst n the SEC and one of the worst in the country. I sometimes think some Gator fans live in "Bizarro" land where nothing makes sense. Now you see McElwain getting a raise and an extension...I remember when losing four games a year, and not even being competitive in the losses, was cause for concern, not a raise.
  • gator_n_scgator_n_sc Posts: 5 Freshman
    There is a lot of nonsense going around. Fields is going to FSU. He's smart enough to actually look at the dumpster fire that McElwain has created in Gainesville-the worst offense in consecutive years in school history. Some folks are silly enough to say Fields didn't like Fisher 'negative recruiting' McElwain. That's about the silliest thing I've heard because, if you actually think about it, why would Fisher say a word about McElwain? McElwain's product speaks for itself, and he's not even competitive wuth FSU on the field. It's silly to think that Fisher needs to 'neghative reruit' in the first place, and is just a sign of how desperate some Gator fans are becoming because they fear the inevitable.
    Think about it. Would you choose to play for a guy that has one of the worst offenses in college football based on his B.S. that he going to improve when there is zero data to support it? It's as silly as some folks touting the "talent" on UF's offense when all they have shown is that they are the worst n the SEC and one of the worst in the country. I sometimes think some Gator fans live in "Bizarro" land where nothing makes sense. Now you see McElwain getting a raise and an extension...I remember when losing four games a year, and not even being competitive in the losses, was cause for concern, not a raise.
    funny thing is if you take out our 2 Conference championship games since FSU didn't play in theirs Jimbo and Mac have the same record.   That is the difference  between "Perception"  and "Reality"     

you perceive  FSU to be much better than us but the reality is you've been the same.
  • Swamp_ThingSwamp_Thing Posts: 35 Freshman
    Good to know this board has it's village idiot too.  :D
    When you get clobbered 27-2 at your own stadium and get demolished 31-13 the next year, it's pretty dumb to say that the teams are "even." As for the division championship, it's common knowledge that the SEC East has been awful the past couple of years. In fact, it's been the worst division in the SEC ever since there have been divisions. That's why teams that finished third in their division, Michigan and FSU. play in the Orange Bowl and destroy UF when they play them. When you aren't even competitive, to the point of not even finding the goal line on offense in two games, you're not "even." But, it appears that Gator fans have become used to being second rate. So much so that losing four games, badly, rates a raise when it wasn't that long ago that fans were upset with Spurrier and Meyer for not winning at a much higher rate. Spurrier nd Meyer were both fed up with whining Gator fans, and that was the main reason both left Gainesville. If you don't know that is true...well, it must be nice to live in a fantasy world where you're "even" with someone who beats your brains out.
  • MastaGatorMastaGator Posts: 14 Freshman
    If we land Fields we automatically become the IT program over night. It will change the entire.perception of the program with other elite recruits. If he goes to FSU though I fear it.will.set us behind them for atleast another 5 or 6 years if you add in the boost in recruiting he will give them. What an important recruitment for Mac.
  • gator85gator85 Posts: 7 Freshman
    The troll has arrived I see. Did u see fsu qb numbers in the bowl game. 9-27 versus Michigan with there best player off the field. Jumbo has Winston n that's it. Ponder failed and so did Ej. Dalvin cook saved y'all n made the offense look better than what it was. You know it and I know it. Blowouts. What was the score against Louisville. We will see now that cook is gone. Kids come in watch film. See receivers are open. Qb not hitting the open guys. Fields watches film with Mac n says I can do that. 
  • SylvesterSylvester Posts: 49 Freshman
    edited June 18
    gator85 said:
    The troll has arrived I see. Did u see fsu qb numbers in the bowl game. 9-27 versus Michigan with there best player off the field. Jumbo has Winston n that's it. Ponder failed and so did Ej. Dalvin cook saved y'all n made the offense look better than what it was. You know it and I know it. Blowouts. What was the score against Louisville. We will see now that cook is gone. Kids come in watch film. See receivers are open. Qb not hitting the open guys. Fields watches film with Mac n says I can do that. 
    It won't be long before the troll (aka Mike Winter, Joe Blow, and other names) gets banned. His username already violates the rules posted at the top of the page.
    gator85 said:
    I see you don't understand why the game of football is played, so I'll try to educate you. Stats, such as the one you cite for Deomdre Francois, don't determine who wins the game. That's why, even Steve Spurrier says that "Stats are for losers." I guess, according to you, Florida didn't really beat LSU this past year because the stats favored LSU by a pretty wide margin.
    No, it isn't yards, turnovers, or any other stat that determines a game. It's points, and the team with the most points wins. As Vince Lombardi said: "Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing."
    It's also very silly for any Gator fan to talk bad about their Daddy, Jimbo Fisher. He owns UF. Do you not understand that getting beat six times out of seven tries means that you are dominated by Jimbo Fisher? Urban Meyer dominated FSU, and only an FSU fan that doesn't understand why you play would have been foolish enough to say anything about Meyer.
    There's always an excuse from folks like you, though. jameis Winston, Dalvin Cook, etc. Both are gone now, so what excuse will there be this year after FSU dominates UF again at Jimbo Fisher Field?
    I aslo find it comical that some UF fans and pundits claim that UF's woes are due to their QB. Treon Harris was blamed for everything, then, the next year, when he's gone, UF is even worse on offense.
    It's not the QB, silly rabbit. If that was true, how did Fisher have a good offense with Sean Maguire at QB? Appleby was a better QB than Maguire, in my opinion. Enough of the excuses. It's clear that FSU is a much better team than UF, and there's no reason that will change until UF gets a real coach, not a second rate one like McElwain.
  • Swamp_ThingSwamp_Thing Posts: 35 Freshman
    gator85 said:
    I see you don't understand why the game of football is played, so I'll try to educate you. Stats, such as the one you cite for Deomdre Francois, don't determine who wins the game. That's why, even Steve Spurrier says that "Stats are for losers." I guess, according to you, Florida didn't really beat LSU this past year because the stats favored LSU by a pretty wide margin.
    No, it isn't yards, turnovers, or any other stat that determines a game. It's points, and the team with the most points wins. As Vince Lombardi said: "Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing."
    It's also very silly for any Gator fan to talk bad about their Daddy, Jimbo Fisher. He owns UF. Do you not understand that getting beat six times out of seven tries means that you are dominated by Jimbo Fisher? Urban Meyer dominated FSU, and only an FSU fan that doesn't understand why you play would have been foolish enough to say anything about Meyer.
    There's always an excuse from folks like you, though. jameis Winston, Dalvin Cook, etc. Both are gone now, so what excuse will there be this year after FSU dominates UF again at Jimbo Fisher Field?
    I aslo find it comical that some UF fans and pundits claim that UF's woes are due to their QB. Treon Harris was blamed for everything, then, the next year, when he's gone, UF is even worse on offense.
    It's not the QB, silly rabbit. If that was true, how did Fisher have a good offense with Sean Maguire at QB? Appleby was a better QB than Maguire, in my opinion. Enough of the excuses. It's clear that FSU is a much better team than UF, and there's no reason that will change until UF gets a real coach, not a second rate one like McElwain.
    I hear there's a few FSU boards that could use a new member...
  • TrueGatorTrueGator Posts: 45 Freshman
    gator85 said:
    As much as you guys hate it he's not terribly wrong. Sounds like he'll be quiet and leave it alone as soon as we start winning. But we've got to start doing that. I do think he's being overly pessimistic because this is not a bad team but we are not elite yet. We will be but until then the facts are the facts. We continuously lose to elite teams (i.e. FSU and Alabama), blew a huge lead against Tennessee, got smoked by Arkansas and have yet to put a competent offense on the field. That being said we are the two-time defending SEC champ. The sooner we drop the "east" portion of that though, the sooner the critics will be silenced. If you don't like them, shut them up. Don't give them anything to talk about 
  • davedave Posts: 24 Freshman
    I don't mind a troll every now and then, but mods, please, implement some kind of ignore feature. I posted early and often, got your tshirt (thanks btw), but I personally don't come here to debate w fsu fans... plenty of ther boards for that.
  • SylvesterSylvester Posts: 49 Freshman
    gator85 said:
    I'd take McElwain over Fisher any day. Fisher is a whiney, pouty, little league coach. Here's some food for thought:

1. McElwain wins his Division each of his first two years when he was predicted to finish 5th and 3rd. Fisher haven't won his Division the past two years when he was predicted to win not only his Division but also the ACC. 
    2. McElwain wins COY as voted by respectable coaches. Fisher made up an imaginary state championship award because he couldn't win a real championship and awards rings to himself and his players.
    3. McElwain develops and plays many of his true freshmen. His 2015 class has had 100 combined starts and the 2016 class had 31 starts. Fisher sits all his freshmen including the stud 5-star recruits. No true freshmen and only one RS freshmen started a game for Fisher last year. Fisher can't develop players quickly and can't get them to hit the ground running.
    4. McElwain had 15 players drafted in his first two years plus numerous others were signed as undrafted/unrestricted free agents. One UF first rounder and one UFA started in the most recent Super Bowl as rookies. In comparison, Fisher had only 6 players drafted in the last two years despite consistently having higher ranked recruiting classes. Again, it points to Fisher chasing recruiting stars rather than developing talent.
    5. McElwain keeps faith with his players by staying under the 85 NCAA scholarship limit. Fisher breaks faith with his players. Fisher currently has 90 players on scholarship plus holding off 2 commits from signing. Fisher needs to weed out 5-7 players on scholarship by Summer to stay under the NCAA limit. He may have recruited a highly ranked class but it's over inflated by signing above the limit. It's at the expense of his current players and unsigned commits.
    6. McElwain doesn't negative recruit. Fisher flips a recruit from UF and plays dirty by instructing him to keep it silent until NSD when it’s too late for UF to sign someone else to a position of need.
    7. McElwain is an honorable coach. Fisher is shady at best.
    8. 97% of Gator fans either strongly approve or approve of McElwain. Again, Fisher made up an imaginary state championship award because he couldn't win one that actually counts and awards rings to himself and his team.
    9. McElwain has the Gators trending up. Fisher has the Seminoles trending down. McElwain will not get fired for losing an out of conference game to FSU. Fisher will get fired for not winning his Division and Conference as expected each year.
    10. Fisher sends Mike Whiner, AKA Joe Blow, Black Juju, and others here to spew negative propaganda to recruits. McElwain laughs it off because he knows recruits are smarter than that to believe in unsupported speculation and conclusions drawn from outlier and selective examples.

• gator85gator85 Posts: 7 Freshman
    gator85 said:
    Maybe if u replies in a timely remember u would see why I brought up that's by your qb. The reason being that fisher develops WBA. Show me one other than Winston. I said your offense was good because of cook. And it's the reason why your offense was so good with McGuire wasn't because he balled out. It was because of a once in a generation player name COOK. I know sports n I'm not being bias. You are because u hate our school n use arguments based to fit what u discuss. You guys have owned the state of Florida and have n should have gotten and recruit u wanted just like Ohio state n bama. You have owned us n Miami both. N have nothing to show for it. When we owned y'all those five years in a row we won two national championships. N went to sec championship three times. At your peak because that's where Winston put u. You have won nothing n u want me to choose fisher over Mac. Boy bye.