Hey folks - as a member of the Florida Gators SEC Country community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Gators fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

The latest in our Next Generation series: The unexpected detours that led S Donovan Stiner to Gators

Ryan_YoungRyan_Young Posts: 22 mod
If you haven't been following our "Next Generation" series, Zach and I have been traveling around visiting all of Florida's 2017 signees. 

Today we posted a profile on safety Donovan Stiner, whom I visited in Houston several weeks back. He had a bumpy recruiting process after committing to Baylor (before the scandal and Art Briles' firing) and then Houston (before Tom Herman left for Texas). He had been a Gators fan when he was young, though, even visiting The Swamp in 2009. So in the end, it all worked out.

Learn more about the incoming safety here:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/next-generation-after-bumpy-recruiting-process-donovan-stiner-right-where-he-wanted-to-be-at-florida

Comments

• GibbonsGator05GibbonsGator05 Posts: 33 Freshman
    I go back and forth on that HS policy some coaches implement about not letting coaches talk to kids committed to other schools. On one hand it really helped us with Malik Davis when Clemson came calling in Dec-Jan, on the other you really are limiting your kids options