Hey folks - as a member of the Florida Gators SEC Country community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Gators fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

College World Series

Ryan_YoungRyan_Young Posts: 22 mod
Let's get the discussion going ...

I thought Kevin O'Sullivan was really interesting in his comments last night after the Super Regional clincher. After the second question asking him about the Gators managed to make it this far with an inconsistent lineup, he had a perfect response. Detailed below:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/kevin-osullivan-not-concerned-with-style-points-as-gators-earn-return-to-college-world-series

He makes a lot of great points. Having been out to TD Ameritrade Park and seen it first-hand, I can attest that it's very much a pitching and defense game in that spacious ballpark. The Gators have enough of both to stack up with any team in Omaha. Bringing up the offensive inconsistencies was a fair question, but so to was Sully's response.

I'll take a closer look at the TCU and other potential matchups tomorrow.

Comments

• lewisgatorslewisgators Posts: 40 Freshman
    If the bats get going we can win it all. Not confident they can tho. I haven't seen it consistently throughout the season to say they can hit well. Especially with the pitching were gonna see in Omaha. 
  • Kerwinfor2Kerwinfor2 Posts: 7 Freshman
    Starting pitching is the best of the 8 remaining.

We need timely hitting. Which we've gotten for the most part this year. I would LOVE for the bats to get hot for 5 games, but we haven't shown that tendency and wouldn't count on it now.

It will be interesting to see if the defense and pitching theory works a little better this year. Power is essentially worthless at TD so I like the approach...just hope it works.

Quality starts
    Timely hitting
    Solid defense

Do those three and the Gators could be bringing home the hardware.
    Fail to do 1 of them and we're in trouble.
    Fail to do 2 and we are in for a short stay.

Go Gators!

• Ryan_YoungRyan_Young Posts: 22 mod
    I think you summed it up perfectly. Plain and simple, they need Alex Faedo to be the ace he has been most of the season. And they need Brady Singer to sustain the form/momentum/confidence he regained last weekend. Those two are musts. 
  • Ryan_YoungRyan_Young Posts: 22 mod
    I compiled what I feel are the 5 most important keys for Florida to string together a deep College World Series run, starting tonight. I think the Gators are certainly capable of winning it all, but not without these five things all coming together.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-baseball-5-keys-gators-make-deep-college-world-series-run
  • JabberdaveJabberdave Posts: 30 Freshman
    This is nice!  Singer pitching well and four runs up. 

Strike three! 
  • davedave Posts: 24 Freshman
    If our pitching stays solid, we ha e a real shot at this.
  • Kerwinfor2Kerwinfor2 Posts: 7 Freshman
    edited June 26

Quality starts
    Timely hitting
    Solid defense

Do those three and the Gators could be bringing home the hardware.
    Fail to do 1 of them and we're in trouble.
    Fail to do 2 and we are in for a short stay.

Go Gators!
    This guy gets it!
  • JabberdaveJabberdave Posts: 30 Freshman
    I hope Florida takes this in two games because I only have two Florida baseball shirts.  I'll be forced to walk to the Reitz and purchase another one if they play on Wednesday.  These demands on my time and money are out of control.