Hey folks - as a member of the Florida Gators SEC Country community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Gators fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

Frosh Impact RB?

TrueGatorTrueGator Posts: 45 Freshman
Zach believes that Malik Davis, Adarius Lemons or both will see the field this year. I like both players but, barring injury, I think we run the three we have. The only reason I see to play either of the two frosh is because Mark Thompson and, most likely, Jordan Scarlett are leaving after this season. I'm a big fan of Lamical Perine but having him with two inexperienced backups may be a risk that Mac doesn't want to take

Comments

• doubler1510doubler1510 Posts: 15 Freshman
    Thompson has to hold onto the ball. If he ends up putting the ball on the turf again, you may not see much of him this yr.
  • davedave Posts: 23 Freshman
    Thompson has to hold onto the ball. If he ends up putting the ball on the turf again, you may not see much of him this yr.
    Totally agree with this. 
  • TrueGatorTrueGator Posts: 45 Freshman
    Do you have a preference between Lemons and Davis? I'm intrigued by Davis but I really want to see Lemons live
  • davedave Posts: 23 Freshman
    TrueGator said:
    Do you have a preference between Lemons and Davis? I'm intrigued by Davis but I really want to see Lemons live
    I'm with you. Seems like Davis is a 'house-magnet' and looks more like a RB, where as Lemons looks more like a B.Powell type (good hands) and we could move around a bit. I could be way off though as I only know them from hudl.
  • ZachAbolverdiZachAbolverdi Posts: 206 Junior
    TrueGator said:
    Zach believes that Malik Davis, Adarius Lemons or both will see the field this year. I like both players but, barring injury, I think we run the three we have. The only reason I see to play either of the two frosh is because Mark Thompson and, most likely, Jordan Scarlett are leaving after this season. I'm a big fan of Lamical Perine but having him with two inexperienced backups may be a risk that Mac doesn't want to take
    I think Davis and Lemons are capable of playing this year, but it's more plausible that one of them redshirts. Thompson needs to produce or carries will be hard to come by. 
  • JcheeksdatruthJcheeksdatruth Posts: 5 Freshman
    I think one of them can play some special teams at least. I don't see the benefit in redshirting two rbs. Really intrigued in lemons tho. #1 rb in state goin into his senior year if I remember correctly. We need more playmakers 
  • Kevin413Kevin413 Posts: 12 Freshman
    Coached Lemons as a youth few years ago. He has crazy talent. Doesn't look like it, but very powerful runner and has crazy cuts. He is a born RB, incredible natural talent. He embarrassed the defense all day long. The only person who can stop him, is himself. 
  • CavHarCavHar Posts: 10 Freshman
    I am ready to move on from Thompson. Lets be fair, outside of one play in the bowl game, he has been a massive disappointment. Lemons & Davis offer us more at this point and both gaining experience this season will help us in the long run. With Clement & Pierce coming next year (assuming they sign a LOI) no need to 'save' a year by red shirting either Lemons or Davis. Lets see the young guys over the disappointing fumbler.
  • SylvesterSylvester Posts: 40 Freshman
    edited August 17
    I am cautiously optimistic about Thompson. Hoping he's learned to secure the ball. I mean, he must know that that is what caused him to lose carries last year. He's in his contract year so I am betting he will have learned, will be focused and motivated to not fumble. Plus, he has a year head start to learn the system. We could use his size to put some dents and soften up the defenses this year. I do not think the frosh will pass over the veterans until someone gets hurt and get a chance to shine as the next man up. However, I also think at least one of the frosh will burn a red shirt and play some during the season. The probability is high that a veteran RB will miss some time due to injury. I would bet that very few teams do not have a RB injured throughout an entire season.