Hey folks - as a member of the Florida Gators SEC Country community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Gators fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

Head Coach Wish List

skinny1502skinny1502 Posts: 9 Freshman
Who ya got?

Comments

• skinny1502skinny1502 Posts: 9 Freshman
    leogator said:
    1. Mullen -  Also can be pretty abrasive.

I just finished saying the same exact thing! You put it nicer, though!
  • G8rBG8rB Posts: 28 Freshman

1a. Chip Kelly - biggest guarantee to score points and win. Currently unemployed, so talk to him now.

1b. Justin Fuente - buyout is only 5mill, has to get the edge versus Frost and Norvell.

2a. Scott Frost - Hottest prspect. would be higher if not for lack of tenure.

2b. Mike Norvell - hot prospect, but if you have a shot at Fuente, you get Norvell + P5 experience so he's a little lower.

Im not against Mullen, he's just a little farther down my list. He asks his QB's to run a little too much for my liking.

• BobtgatorBobtgator Posts: 17 Freshman
    1 - Bill Belichick
    2 - Nick Saban
    3 - Dabo Sweeny

Think big, we're GATORS!

• TheGatorGuruTheGatorGuru Posts: 8 Freshman
    Chip Kelly, Chip Kelly, Chip Kelly. Bring him in and give him the power he wants, sit back and let him build us back up into a very fun to watch again powerhouse.
  • airg8r96airg8r96 Posts: 2 Freshman
    First of all NO TO CHIP KELLY, way to much baggage. NO TO DAN MULLEN. His wife is already burning bridges with UF plus I don't think he will unite this fan base with the program. Here are my top 3 choices:

1. Chad Morris (previous offensive coordinator at Clemson)
    2.James Franklin (did great at Vanderbilt and doing great at Penn State)
    3. Scott Frost (recruiting well and absolutely killing it at USF)

Dark Horse pick: Kevin Sumlin (I am not sure he deserves to be fired at Texas A&M, but if he is then I think he should be considered)
  • sailinggator2018sailinggator2018 Posts: 1 Freshman
    kerwin bell  ( killing it every place he goes)

randy shannon ( will keep all the florida recruits in state)
    charlie strong   (cardinals and bulls  rolled under him,  texas  no one could win)

It will take a gator or someone from the state to bring us back to glory and the fans will love.
    ( stoops)

• skinny1502skinny1502 Posts: 9 Freshman
    airg8r96 said:
    First of all NO TO CHIP KELLY, way to much baggage. NO TO DAN MULLEN. His wife is already burning bridges with UF plus I don't think he will unite this fan base with the program. Here are my top 3 choices:

1. Chad Morris (previous offensive coordinator at Clemson)
    2.James Franklin (did great at Vanderbilt and doing great at Penn State)
    3. Scott Frost (recruiting well and absolutely killing it at USF)

Dark Horse pick: Kevin Sumlin (I am not sure he deserves to be fired at Texas A&M, but if he is then I think he should be considered)
    I love the Franklin pick!  Thought he was awesome at Vandy and thought we should have backed up the Brinks truck for him when we hired Mac! I like Frost more than Morris, though.
  • TheGatorGuruTheGatorGuru Posts: 8 Freshman
    Why doesn't Chip get any love? Out of all these wish list coaches out there the only one who has a better resume as a Hc is Stoops who actually won one. The others aren't on Chip's level of winning and just all around coaching and everyone here knows it. Chip will come in and change things immediately on offense to a top 20 group with what we have now. My guy is Strong because he's the best recruiter out of all those out there when it comes to winning in Florida. Frost wants the Neb job so why invest in him. Dream scenario for me is Chip Kelly and Charlie Strong.
  • BobtgatorBobtgator Posts: 17 Freshman
    I wonder which of the candidates is likely to get the best coordinators. That seems to be where the game is won these days in both recruiting and on the field. Mac stuck it out with Nuss and that was his downfall.