Hey folks - as a member of the Florida Gators SEC Country community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Gators fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

Zaire Will Start All Year, Barring Injury... Prove Me Wrong.

davedave Posts: 24 Freshman
edited June 2017 in Football
I know that Zaire doesn't have a ton of history, I know that Franks has been here and has learned the system. But I honestly don't feel like Franks has the football IQ that Zaire has. Maybe I just feel this way because I watched Franks in the Army game (pick after pick) before I watched his high school tapes. Zaire on the other hand is dynamic (althought a tad short) and I think gives us a much better shot against Mich... if he can pickup the offense quick enough. Any thoughts? Am I way off about Franks?

-Dave
(#1, tshirt yo) :)

Comments

• ZachAbolverdiZachAbolverdi Posts: 225 Junior
    I agree that Zaire will start and has better football IQ as a fifth-year college player, but Franks' performance in the Army game is irrelevant at this point. That was so long ago and he was playing with a group of offensive high school players that had only practiced together a few days. Franks is a totally different quarterback now. 
  • KyleBucketKyleBucket Posts: 7 Freshman
    Zaire will most likely start all year, yes. But, Mac cannot put all his eggs in the Fields basket and because of that he is going to have to get Franks quality snaps this year. He can't ride into 2018 (if we don't land Fields) with 3-4 QB's who still haven't taken a quality snap in a game. Even if we land Fields, there's no guarantee Zaire gets another year so is Mac just gonna assume landing Fields means he's the day 1 starter for 2018? I doubt it. 
  • davedave Posts: 24 Freshman
    Franks is a totally different quarterback now.

Good to know, thanks... all in all, a good problem for Mac to have.

Zaire will most likely start all year, yes. But, Mac cannot put all his eggs in the Fields basket and because of that he is going to have to get Franks quality snaps this year. He can't ride into 2018 (if we don't land Fields) with 3-4 QB's who still haven't taken a quality snap in a game. Even if we land Fields, there's no guarantee Zaire gets another year so is Mac just gonna assume landing Fields means he's the day 1 starter for 2018? I doubt it. 

Very true.
  • jeffbarlisjeffbarlis Posts: 10 Freshman
    No one is gonna start all season. Zaire probably has an edge with his experience, but it's important that Florida sees what Franks is capable of. 
  • jromek90jromek90 Posts: 7 Freshman
    Gotta be Zaire. Hoping we get some blow outs though so we can see some of Franks. 
  • CoachCoach Posts: 3 Freshman
    Rather have Franks take the job and run with it. Zaire has yet to show an ability to stretch the field. Read option and short throws will have 22 guys in the box. I'd prefer someone that could back them safeties up.
  • davedave Posts: 24 Freshman
    I was wrong, Zaire didn't start.