Hey folks - as a member of the Florida Gators SEC Country community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Gators fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

J. Copeland

stouter11stouter11 Posts: 16 Freshman
Do you think his visit to Alabama yesterday over the swamp means anything? Since the offense at Florida is still sputtering and not being as explosive do you think he will back off his pledge? Give me your thoughts? 

Comments

• UFGATORFANUFGATORFAN Posts: 7 Freshman
    I worry about him and chase.  Neither really seems willing to "shut down" their recruitment.  For them personally, 
    i think they absolutely should check out schools to make sure they are making the best decision for them.  As a gator fan, i want to see them in the swamp every weekend.  

I hope that this class is close enough to where they all want to play together.  If we string some wins together we will be in good shape. 
  • stouter11stouter11 Posts: 16 Freshman
    Yeah I agree! It does make me worry with lack of production on offense but I don't blame the kids for going on visits. Guess time will tell if they are truly committed or not. 
  • Kevin413Kevin413 Posts: 12 Freshman
    They are going to have to see that our staff/coaches can run an offense (or call plays) that will put up points. Although Im thrilled we won Saturday, the offensive showing was again lacking. It was better than vs Michigan, but I think Michigan's defense is A LOT better than Tenn's. Tenn gave up over 500 yards and 40+ points to Georgia Tech and barely won. Their D is not that good and we couldn't score TD's until the 4th quarter. That has to change or we will never go anywhere. I think Nuss was better being in the booth and I think the play calling was a little better, but still not we where we expect it. When almost every player is your kid you recruited and coached and you're in your 3rd year of installing your offense and there is little to no progression, there are no more excuses. I think Mac needs to start calling plays to see what happens, otherwise, he's going to be on the hot seat very quickly if he isn't already. I like Mac and want him to stay, but just settling for winning SEC East (very weak division) isn't enough. After 3 years, you better at least be competitive against Bama and FSU. I say Mac gets this year and next to fix it, then it snowballs downhill. UF and the boosters are not the kind that settle for just being mediocre and winning weak divisions. Just my .02
  • ZachAbolverdiZachAbolverdi Posts: 225 Junior
    Chase is more of a concern than Copeland, but Florida has to fight to keep both guys. I spoke to Copeland last night and didn't sense that anything has changed. He's looking forward to the LSU game. 
  • G8rBG8rB Posts: 28 Freshman
    Chase is more of a concern than Copeland, but Florida has to fight to keep both guys. I spoke to Copeland last night and didn't sense that anything has changed. He's looking forward to the LSU game. 

Any reason why he is choosing o go back to Bama for Ole Miss game in 2 weeks, after going to Bama last weekend instead of UF/Tennessee?

2 visits elsewhere to the same school when UF has home games both days?

• ZachAbolverdiZachAbolverdi Posts: 225 Junior
    G8rB said:

Any reason why he is choosing o go back to Bama for Ole Miss game in 2 weeks, after going to Bama last weekend instead of UF/Tennessee?

2 visits elsewhere to the same school when UF has home games both days?

Alabama is an easy trip for him take. Always has a ride.