Hey folks - as a member of the Florida Gators SEC Country community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Gators fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

Marcell Harris - Medical Redshirt

UFGATORFANUFGATORFAN Posts: 7 Freshman
I know Marcell Harris already had a redshirt year, but does he qualify for a medical redshirt and a 6th year of eligibility?  I'm a little rusty on these rules.  If he is granted one - do you all think he would stick around or test the waters in the NFL?

Comments

• jeffbarlisjeffbarlis Posts: 10 Freshman
    He would be wise to seek a 6th year IMO. He didn't show enough last year to be drafted coming off an ACL surgery. It seems extremely doubtful that he could recover so quickly and fully that he could test (and test well) in next spring's combine, pro day and private workouts (8 months after surgery). So, barring a miraculous recovery in time for the 2018 draft, he really has no better option than to try and play for Florida next fall. 
  • UFGATORFANUFGATORFAN Posts: 7 Freshman
    Thanks, Jeff!  Any idea what the process is for this being granted?  Does he have to apply for a 6th year?  Do you think he will have a legitimate argument?
  • UFGATORFANUFGATORFAN Posts: 7 Freshman
    Also - not to look too far ahead and assuming he does recover nicely - what a great addition to the 2018 he could be. 
  • BobtgatorBobtgator Posts: 14 Freshman
    I was happy to read he is active during practice coaching up the guys out there. He brought a big hit attitude to the defense. I hope guys like Vosean Joseph keep up the big hit attitude.