Hey folks - as a member of the Florida Gators SEC Country community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Gators fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

WRs Florida taking?

stouter11stouter11 Posts: 16 Freshman
How many WRs does Florida take and who do you think will be on board signing day? 

Comments

• UncleJetUncleJet Posts: 14 Freshman
    Chase just committed... GOOO GATORS!! 
  • JabberdaveJabberdave Posts: 30 Freshman
    Looks like Ja'Marr Chase just committed. 
  • SylvesterSylvester Posts: 49 Freshman
    If Copeland and Schwartz commits that will make 5.  Too many?
    No.  8 wide! 
  • lewisgatorslewisgators Posts: 40 Freshman
    Sylvester said:
    It wouldn't surprise me if gammage and Williams decommit. They weren't at FNL and there's guys higher on the board. 
    edited July 24
    Sylvester said:
    It wouldn't surprise me if gammage and Williams decommit. They weren't at FNL and there's guys higher on the board. 
    What if Schwartz takes up a track scholarship instead of a football scholarship?  Are they the same benefits wise like tuition, room, meals, stipend, etc.?  Are there any benefits he can not get that football players get?
    Can't do that.  If a scholarship athlete plays football, he must be on a football scholarship.  I think that's part of the rules established to stop what Bear Bryant was doing. 

Now, he can have a football scholly and play other sports. 
  • stouter11stouter11 Posts: 16 Freshman
    A lot of WR but don't think they will take more than 3 or 4. I could be wrong just seems like a lot and not sure the need is at that position. Would like Thornton and Copeland along with Chase and prob Schwartz to have that speed. 
    Could see Florida getting 5* WR Jalen Hall he's teammates with Corrall. The more WRs Florida get though squeezing ppl out, but you gotta make room for the best. 
  • leogatorleogator Posts: 87 Freshman
    Holy Molly Chase & maybe Copeland! Florida is recruiting some studs!
  • G8rBG8rB Posts: 28 Freshman

Take them all and settle on the best 4.

• sam960608sam960608 Posts: 32 Freshman
    1) Copeland
    2) Chase
    3) Schwartz
    4) Thornton 
    I would want:
    1. Copeland
    2. Chase ✅
    3. Thornton✅
    4. Hall 
    (and if we do take a 5th then Schwartz)

I think these are the best WR that Florida could land. 
    edited July 27
    I Think it's possible that we take 6 WRs this cycle.

Powell, Massey, and Callaway will likely be gone.
    That leaves six in Cleveland, Hammond, Swain, Wells, Green, and Robinson.  Since we took Thornton, who is the lowest ranked of the group below, then the coaches probably want to keep Gammage and Williams as well.

Position Rank
    9    Copeland
    21  Chase 
    30  Schwartz
    93  Gammage
    95  Williams
    118 Thornton

I think we could stock up to 12 WRs total on the team. We should have 10-12. We could potentially sign all six. Definitely at least 4.

Massey will get a medical redshirt for last year and return next year. That gives us 11 including Kalif Jackson who hasn't officially made the move to TE yet. 6 is too many. Taking 4 gets us to 12 in that case which accounts for AC leaving early.
  • lewisgatorslewisgators Posts: 40 Freshman
    edited July 27
    Sylvester said:
    I Think it's possible that we take 6 WRs this cycle.

Powell, Massey, and Callaway will likely be gone.
    That leaves six in Cleveland, Hammond, Swain, Wells, Green, and Robinson.  Since we took Thornton, who is the lowest ranked of the group below, then the coaches probably want to keep Gammage and Williams as well.

Position Rank
    9    Copeland
    21  Chase 
    30  Schwartz
    93  Gammage
    95  Williams
    118 Thornton

I think we could stock up to 12 WRs total on the team. We should have 10-12. We could potentially sign all six. Definitely at least 4.

It doesn't matter that Thornton is the lowest rated of them all because he is 10 times better than gammage and Williams. He'll be getting a ratings bump soon and probably be a 4 star by signing day. I don't see than taking more than 4 receivers. They definitely won't be taking 6. It'll most likely be 
    Chase 
    Cope 
    Schwartz 
    Thornton
    Which would be an elite wr class. 
  • UFGATORFANUFGATORFAN Posts: 7 Freshman
    Is there any substance to Jalen Hall having interest in florida besides the speculation that he would potentially follow corral?
    Is there any substance to Jalen Hall having interest in florida besides the speculation that he would potentially follow corral?

No not really, everything there is centered around Corral. We did offer him early I think, maybe that matters more later in the process, or helps, but I think he is being talked about because Corral wants him and is his QB there at Poly.