Hey folks - as a member of the Florida Gators SEC Country community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, be respectful when engaging with fellow Gators fans.
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

Recruiting Q&A

ZachAbolverdiZachAbolverdi Posts: 225 Junior
Welcome to SEC Country's Florida Gators message board. I'm thrilled that we finally have one and can't wait to engage with you all every day. 

I'll be on here for about an hour to answer your recruiting questions about the Gators. Fire away!

Comments

• blakee12blakee12 Posts: 4 Freshman
    Justin Fields.....go
  • AllBoutGatorsAllBoutGators Posts: 8 Freshman
    What about tyreke or is he gonna be a corner?
    Who is the backup if we dont land fields?
  • gator85gator85 Posts: 7 Freshman
    I saw the clement says he's coming back for the big recruiting weekends with Justin fields and parsons I believe when is that weekend. 
  • gatorboi46gatorboi46 Posts: 2 Freshman
    What are our chances with Thornton?
  • doubler1510doubler1510 Posts: 15 Freshman
    Do we see Randy/Mac landing any big time blue chip defense commits or are those times over?
  • ZachAbolverdiZachAbolverdi Posts: 225 Junior
    How many safeties are we taking with the addition of the juco kid. Is Randy Russell still a tak  
    Absolutely on Russell. The staff would take him in a heartbeat. With Williams joining, I think the Gators end up with four safeties in the 2018 class. It's their No. 1 need.  
  • mrko1991mrko1991 Posts: 17 Freshman
    Do feel good on ASA Martin I think he all bama 
    What about tyreke or is he gonna be a corner?
    Who is the backup if we dont land fields?
    Tyreke wants to play corner and that's where Florida likes him. 

If the Gators can't land Fields, I think they'll keep recruiting Emory Jones and make another run at Jarren Williams. 
  • nitty257nitty257 Posts: 1 Freshman
    The signing of williams and barney at safety do we need worry about C.J smith looking elsewhere...Guess we not too happy taylor and lenton
  • kbmagillkbmagill Posts: 14 Freshman
    How's the WR board look?  I think I'd take Thornton over Schwartz. Copeland still a Gator lean, and will Pope give UF a look?  What's the target #?
    gator85 said:
    I saw the clement says he's coming back for the big recruiting weekends with Justin fields and parsons I believe when is that weekend. 
    That is this coming weekend. Fields has an opportunity to visit Florida and/or Florida State on his way to Bradenton for the IMG 7v7 tournament. It looks like an FSU trip is already in the works, but the Gators will try to get him on campus before or after IMG.
  • gatorcubano2195gatorcubano2195 Posts: 1 Freshman
    Why hasn't Mac made it official with Zaire 
  • CoachCrob15CoachCrob15 Posts: 3 Freshman
    Outside of Fields, who is the recruit that you believe will have the biggest impact in this class?
  • sam960608sam960608 Posts: 32 Freshman
    Zach, who do you think is the next big-time commit (excluding Russell)? Barnes? Gouraige? Schwartz?
    What are our chances with Thornton?
    It will be another Florida-Miami battle. Seems to be a lot of those lately ;). No way he sticks with his Baylor commitment. 
  • blakee12blakee12 Posts: 4 Freshman
    Davis and Seider seem to be drawing a lot of praise from recruits and certainly the 2019 class is reflecting that.  Is it a result of just adding excellent recruiters or are recruits seeing the on field success Mac is having?
  • DRJohnson22DRJohnson22 Posts: 12 Freshman
    It feels like the Crystal Balls are the only thing pointing to Florida with Fields as he has not visited UF and appears to be setting up visits with plenty of other schools not named UF. What's the reasoning for optimism by so many in picking UF as his destination? It feels like we as a fan base have been down this road many times before. 
    Do we see Randy/Mac landing any big time blue chip defense commits or are those times over?
    The Gators are the team to beat for DB Tyreke Johnson. He's their best best at a 5-star defender.
  • mrchrisbitsmrchrisbits Posts: 1 Freshman
    Does Fields draw his process out into the fall or are we likely to see a decision by the end of summer? Which is better for Florida? 
    mrko1991 said:
    Do feel good on ASA Martin I think he all bama 
    Yeah, I agree. Look for him to commit to Alabama on Aug. 24.
  • nsantansanta Posts: 1 Freshman
    How many offensive linemen do we take? Which do you like?
  • mrko1991mrko1991 Posts: 17 Freshman
    It feels like the Crystal Balls are the only thing pointing to Florida with Fields as he has not visited UF and appears to be setting up visits with plenty of other schools not named UF. What's the reasoning for optimism by so many in picking UF as his destination? It feels like we as a fan base have been down this road many times before.  They know something we don't and I'm leave as that he possibly already visited 

nitty257 said:
    The signing of williams and barney at safety do we need worry about C.J smith looking elsewhere...Guess we not too happy taylor and lenton
    It has nothing to do with Taylor and Lenton. Safety is Florida's biggest need because the Gators will only return three players at the position for 2018. 

Smith doesn't hide the fact that he wants to visit other schools, but Florida is still far and away his favorite. He's well aware that UF will take other safeties.
    kbmagill said:
    How's the WR board look?  I think I'd take Thornton over Schwartz. Copeland still a Gator lean, and will Pope give UF a look?  What's the target #?
    I think the Gators will take four receivers in the 2018 class. Here are the guys on their radar.

Jacob Copeland
    Warren Thompson
    Anthony Schwartz
    Tyquon Thornton 
    Jaquayln Crawford
    Mark Pope (Miami commit)

I expect Florida to land Copeland and one of those speedsters. Thompson is FSU bound, IMO. 
    Why hasn't Mac made it official with Zaire 
    Once he goes through admissions and gets into grad school, it will be official. 
  • ojikemaatojikemaat Posts: 3 Freshman
    nitty257 said:
    It has nothing to do with Taylor and Lenton. Safety is Florida's biggest need because the Gators will only return three players at the position for 2018. 

Smith doesn't hide the fact that he wants to visit other schools, but Florida is still far and away his favorite. He's well aware that UF will take other safeties.
    Does this mean most of the '17 DB group will get a crack at corner/nickel first?
    Outside of Fields, who is the recruit that you believe will have the biggest impact in this class?
    Amari Burney or Jacob Copeland. I think both of those guys would contribute in 2018. 
  • AllBoutGatorsAllBoutGators Posts: 8 Freshman
    So if its not Asa who is our second rb?
  • maxjs06maxjs06 Posts: 5 Freshman
    Any shot at all at Partrick Surtain?
    sam960608 said:
    Zach, who do you think is the next big-time commit (excluding Russell)? Barnes? Gouraige? Schwartz?
    Probably Schwartz. He wants to commit in August.